100, 655, 1, 8…with so many numbers flying around in the news this week, I’m convinced there has to be a lottery winner in there somewhere. Yet, all we seem to have is parties, disease, sports and sex. See for yourself.
- 100: With Obama’s 100th day in office, the 100th episode of Lost and Grey’s Anatomy, and TIME’s list of of 100 most influential people, 100 seems to be this week’s magic number.
- o: Hillary has had no break in her tenure as Secretary of State and has therefore seen zero movies and read zero books (500+ page issue briefs don’t count).
- 291: In celebration of Obama’s 100th day, photographer Pete Souza released 291 candid photos of Obama and his family.
- 60: With Arlen Specter’s promise to switch to the Democratic Party for his next election, Dems in the Senate came much closer to the much coveted 60 vote-fillibuster-proof-majority.
- 160: The Center for Disease Control now confirms 160 cases of swine flu or H1N1 in the United States.
- 2: Middlebury’s men’s rugby team as now won the DII national championships 2 times, after last night beating Wisconson in the finals.
- 10: The Boston Celtics beat the Chicago Bulls by 10 points (109-199) in last night’s NBA playoffs.
- 6.1: The American economy is contracting faster than it has since the 1950s, as made evident by the news this week that GDP fell 6.1% in the first quarter of 2009.
- 1: With Supreme Court Justice David Souter now planning to retire, Obama’s has his first high court vacancy to fill.
- 300,000: There are approximately 300,000 pigs in Egypt, but the government wants to round up and potentially slaughter all of them even though there have been no reported cases of swine flu in the country.
- 30: Disney just bought a 30% stake in Hulu. Bye bye house and hello Cinderella?
- 3: The Lysistrata-esque sex boycott Kenyan women have started against there husbands, lovers, etc., in protest to recent political turmoil is now 3 days strong.