I’ll admit, I watched Middlebury dominate the Quidditch festivities today, but, at both breakfast and lunch today, there were more people in the dining halls wearing capes than there were people not wearing capes. Am I allowed to be weirded out by this? I think so.
- H1N1: Whether or not you believe Middlebury has cases of Swine Flu, Obama has declared it a national emergency, so, dudes, wash your hands and gargle salt water. Please. In light of this good news, the NYT has a special article on, in the event of a real pandemic, who should be saved first. Uplifting.
- HULU: In 2010, Hulu will start charging for it services. Someday, we’ll be saying “I remember when I didn’t have to pay for TV” the way our parents say “I remember I could drink when I was 18”.
- MODERN MAN: A new book, “The Science of the Inadequate Modern Male” which claims that modern man has regressed, has come out at the same time as the Shriver Report, which describes women’s progress in recent decades. Even I think that’s bad timing.
- TECHNOLOGY: Apple has a new MacBook and Barnes & Noble has a new e-reader. *Insert gadget envy*.
- HEATING: Middlebury’s biomass plant and willow growing/burning initiative are featured in Time. It’s great news, but odd that I had to go to Time to find out the cost-savings of the project.
- SHAKESPEARE: Why read Cliff’s Notes when there’s Twitterature?
- DRUGS: The Daily Beast has the latest argument for why we should legalize drugs. Their main reason? The 2016 Olympics in Rio. Anything for Michael Phelps…
- JACKSON: Michael Jackson’s concert video, This is It, that will be in theaters this coming week has…wait for it…a secret Thriller remake he’d been working on. If there’s a new dance, I’m totally going to see it.
Video of the Week: This 4-yr-old dances better than anyone did at the E-603/GLOW Me/Roots Concert this weekend.