No tricks, promise. It’s already been a cruel April Fool’s Day here at Middelbury. Other than the weather, everything people wanted to be true, well, wasn’t.
What Should Have Been True
- Lady Gaga to Perform at Midd April 24: At the end of the day, I still overheard students (and professors!) asking, “Did you hear Lady Gaga’s coming?!” Sorry kids. Though, to be fair, I guess it isn’t entirely unbelievable that someone would donate enough money to make that happen…
- College Launches J.Crew Collection: I just counted, I’m wearing 3 things from J.Crew right now. It would definitely be more convenient if after breakfast I could run and pick up a skinny belt and cardigan in the bookstore.
- Ron Liebowitz’s Facebook News Feed: Because we all want to believe that Liebowitz and Spears are our Obama and Biden.
(Note: Links to Campus article are PDFs of their first pages. To read the rest, go to The Campus website.)
What Was Really True
- Housing Debacle, the 2010 Edition: First, superblocks mess up the system. Then students get the wrong numbers. Then students get fake numbers. And now they have even newer numbers. Although, I’d bet the fake numbers were more adequately random than the new official ones.
- Bye Bye Juice Bar: In an email to students, Matthew Biette announced today new hours for the Grille, Juice Bar and MiddExpress. Bottom line, there is now no way to get a shot of espresso on campus on Saturdays.