Middlebury is being invaded today and tomorrow with prospective students. That means that Admissions will be explaining the scene at Middlebury now to a rumored 400 extra people with irrational goals (ex: IPE major on the pre-med track) and expectations (ice cream everyday for breakfast). But what might the scene be in the future?
- Starting with probably the Class of 2034, international prospies will have grown up playing a different type of Scrabble.
- Students of the Class of 2034 will likely also not remember CNN.
- For the Class of 2015, the Internet might not be free.
- Fighting might actually be allowed for even 2011 now that we know it’s healthy to get angry.
- For 2011 there will also be a new President of Poland, a new Supreme Court Justice and possibly a new Pope.
- Hopefully future classes won’t have to listen to Christian Rock in the Dining Halls on Sunday mornings, even if they can’t help the fact they may or may not believe in God.
- Also in the future, more than just the Finance Committee will live tweet/mock/help students.
- For the Class of 2020, “socialize” will mean “make eye contact”.
- The Class of 2100 still will not have found life beyond Earth.