If you haven’t called your mother yet, shame on you.
- I can’t withdraw $20 from an ATM without being asked to “confirm my request” so how does that option not exist when someone is trying to trade $15 billion million?
- Dear Newsweek, I used to race home to read your “Conventional Wisdom” but then you got a makeover. Now, my grandma is more pop-culture than you. That’s all.
- According to National Geographic, the only conclusive reason we need sleep is because we get sleepy. Captain Obvious 1, Science 0.
- I think most econ professors would die a little inside if they saw this NYT graph about the relationship between miles driven and gas prices, but I think it’s fantastically creative and illustrative.
- Internet (and, by Internet, I mean Lady Gaga) killed the MTV star.
- I loved/love watching the British elections for prime minister play out because I’m fascinated by functioning 3-party systems, but there are just too many ways to read this headline: “Labour majority ends with hung parliament”.
- Not only is the most recent Greek drama ruining the concept of the euro, but it turns out Apollo, the Greek sun god, could physically wipe out the global monetary system.
- Russians are getting kidnapped by aliens.
Video of the Week: Betty White deals with the Census. After popular demand, Betty White finally hosted SNL last night. I’m the only one of my friends who thought it was pee-your-pants hilarious, so I’m not sure what that means. But, as you can tell from below, she didn’t do too badly for an 88.5 year old woman.