According to Middlebury staff member Sopheak Chheng ’11, a fire started outside Le Chateau on Sunday night. The fire apparently started in an electrical box located on the east side of the building and spread to the trees located next to the box. The building itself, however, did not suffer any serious damage.
The Middlebury Fire Department responded to the fire at approximately 10:30 PM, at which point students were temporarily evacuated from the Atwater Suites. Campus also experienced a power outage.
Check out the rest of Sopheak’s photos of the event here.